Bathroom design is one of the most important decisions you will ever make in your home as it’s where you begin and end each day. There are many trends in bathroom designs that are emerging with new styles and materials. The trends are likely to change every year but here’s an overview of what will be some of the top bathroom design trends in 2022.
Bathroom Color Trend
Bathroom color trends are constantly changing. There are many ways to go when it comes to choosing the right hues for you. The first thing you should consider is whether you want your bathroom to be neutral, warm, or cool in color tone.
- Neutral colors can be described as either cool (grey) or warm (beige) and have a grayish hue. You’re most likely going to find these in bathrooms with tile flooring and white walls—the perfect combination for any type of decorating style. Hello Sherwin Williams Agreeable Grey! Feeling a little daring?! Try Sherwin Williams Caviar for a sophisticated, modern vibe. Most people would shy away from such dark colors because it could be viewed as gloomy and morbid, but this color trend is all the rage when toned down with a contrasting color such as white and grey.
- Warm colors on the other hand tend to be beige and tan or more vibrant hues like reds and oranges which can be a bit bolder and off-putting for a serene space like a bathroom. If you want an inviting and cozy atmosphere in the bold paint family, consider Sherwin Williams Urban Bronze!
- Cool colors such as blues or greens can also work well with each other and provide the tranquil atmosphere you’re seeking. You can opt for the soft pastel blue and green hues for a relaxing space or the bold, dramatic jewel tones such as navy blue or emerald green for a luxurious, rich effect. The bathroom is a great space to experiment with colors, patterns, and textures so whichever trend you prefer, the sky is the limit!
Bathroom Tile Trends
Bathroom tile trends are changing and evolving to meet the needs of homeowners. Tile provides a more powerful punch than paint when looking to simply update a space. It also can help infuse texture, pattern, and color into a room as well. Read further for tiles cooler than your average subway tile backsplash in 2022.
- Wood-look tiles: It’s tile that looks like wood with the illusion of wood grain for texture but they’re ceramic or porcelain. They come in many different colors and styles and gives a minimalistic look with the clean lines.
- Stacked stone tiles: Another trend is stacked stone which provides ample texture and makes for great visual impact. Stacked Stone are available in an array of neutral stone colors and continues to be one of the most sought-after materials for bathroom walls where fireplaces are present or on statement walls. It ages beautifully over time and adds warmth and character to any space.
- Statement Walls: With the variety of beautiful tile everywhere, why not showcase your favorite decorative tile on a feature wall for everyone to drool over. Behind a soaking freestanding tub, in a shower or the vanity wall are all great places to showcase statement tile walls.
- Pebble tiles: These natural pebbles come in various shapes and are composed mainly of pebbles and stones which provides a natural ambiance in a bathroom design. The most common place for pebble stones to be installed or in shower floors and niches as a contrast to a complementary larger tile. They can add texture and interest wherever you place them, and the applications are limitless with this durable material.
With the trend toward using natural mixed materials in the bathroom, it’s important to balance them with spa-like materials to achieve a sophisticated look. Marble, wood, stone, and porcelain that mimics marble can all be used in your bathroom design! Spa-like materials like light cool colors, natural material, greenery, and mirrors can also be incorporated for an airy feel that will make the space appear larger and serene.
- Use different materials and styles to create a sense of space in your bathroom design—different materials and styles can be used to create a sense of space. For example, use smooth surfaces (like marble) in one area and textured ones (like concrete) in another. Or use a more traditional material, like wood or stone, with modern shapes and colors.
- Using the same material or two complementing materials throughout a space can create a sense of warmth, modern appeal, and luxury throughout the entire room. For example, you could have hardwood floors with ceramic tiles on the floor and walls that complement each other’s color palette or look completely contrasting but still work together seamlessly for an inviting atmosphere perfect for relaxing after work!
Freestanding Tubs and Wet Rooms
Freestanding tubs and wet rooms are a great option for larger bathrooms. If you’re looking to make the most of a large space, this concept will help you achieve that goal. This option also has the added benefit of creating a tranquil feel to your bathroom design.
A freestanding tub usually floats in front of a statement wall for high visual appeal, a fireplace, or in front of a picturesque window. A freestanding tub gives homeowners more flexibility about where they place them, which makes them ideal for getting creative with large or tight spaces. Do you have a lot of space to spare and want to make a major impact and wonderful bathing experience? Place the tub within a shower behind a frameless glass or curb less shower to create a wet room. A wet room is a bathroom that typically has no enclosure separating the shower or tub from the rest of the bathroom.
This design trend has been popular for many years now as they provide excellent ventilation, are much easier to clean, allow more natural lighting and handicap accessible and friendly if applicable. In addition to this, they also provide you with the luxury feel that many buyers look for in a new home.
If you want to step up your bathroom in 2022, we recommend upgrading your showerhead. A good handheld showerhead or rain showerhead can make all the difference between a boring shower and an amazing experience.
The handheld showerhead is perfect if you need to clean hard-to-reach areas. If you want something more exciting than a traditional hand-held function, consider adding a massage function to it along with other customizable settings!
Rainfall showerheads are becoming increasingly popular because they create an atmosphere that mimics being outside in nature — perfect for those who love being outdoors but still want a relaxing experience at home! A rain showerhead, also known as a rainfall or waterfall showerhead is ceiling or wall mounted that sprays water vertically. It has light water pressure to mimic the feel of rinsing in the rain, so even on your most hectic mornings, you can enjoy a serene shower before you start your day.
Twin showerheads offers benefits those other showerheads can’t provide. These are great for increasing adding style and functionality. They feature integrated LED lights that change colors with water temperature. You can also choose models that have massage settings and pause features. Water conservation is a plus as well!
Freestanding basins are a great way for you to make a statement about your bathroom. They can be used as standalone pieces which makes them a versatile addition to any bathroom. Freestanding basins are available in many different materials, are stylish yet practical, stain resistant and lightweight. The most popular choice is stone which is especially durable and hard-wearing.
The smart bathroom design is the future of high-end home technology. In 2022, integrated technologies will be a key feature of homes around the world. A smart bathroom can connect with your smart devices and provide you with full control and customization to your needs for a personalized bathroom experience. Here are a few popular features in new bathroom designs.
Smart toilet: The toilet seat that cleans itself might seem like a luxury, but it’s more commonly seen today than you’d think. With a sensor that detects whether someone is sitting on it and cleans itself accordingly, this toilet has become a common fixture in many homes. Don’t forget about the seat warmers, touch free lids, LED lighting, and remote controls for additional bells and whistles!
Smart faucets: Your bathroom sink doesn’t have to be boring anymore! In 2022, you’ll be able to enjoy several benefits from your new smart faucet—including water saving functions, completely touch-free, hygienic, and sleek as it can be. A simple upgrade to your life!
Smart mirror: It seems like every year we’re seeing more interactive mirrors with built-in speakers and microphones for handsfree calls or video conferencing. The ability for homeowners to use their mirror as an intercom system while taking care of business or to tell time, provide weather and traffic details and appointments has been popular since its introduction over ten years ago; it’s only natural that we’d see this trend continue into next decade as well!
With all of these bathroom design trends, no matter which type of bathroom design trend you are looking into – remember that it’s all about making sure that whatever decisions you make will work for your own unique space and needs as well as reflect your personal style preferences too! With help from InDesign Kitchen & Bath, you can transform your bathroom into a tranquil, serene space. Our designers are ready to meet with you to discuss your dream bathroom! We work in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Suwanee, Milton, Roswell, Norcross, Cumming, Duluth and the surrounding areas. Schedule your free design consultation to design your dream trending bathroom today!