Renovating your kitchen during the holidays can be a wonderful way to enhance the heart of
your home and create a festive atmosphere. Here are some holiday must-haves to consider
when renovating your kitchen:
- Functional Kitchen Layout: Ensure the layout of your kitchen is functional and conducive to holiday cooking and gatherings. Consider the placement of key elements like the ZLine Range top and Cooktop, prep sink, Forte Italian burner and oven, or an ILVE side by side refrigerator to create an excellent workspace.
- Double Ovens: If space allows, consider installing ZLine double wall ovens. This is particularly beneficial during the holidays when you might be preparing multiple dishes simultaneously.
- Spacious Countertops: Ample countertop space is essential for holiday cooking and baking. Choose durable and easy-to-clean materials that can withstand the demands of a busy kitchen. Consider having different zones for chopping, mixing, and assembling to optimize efficiency. Choose countertop materials that are durable and easy to maintain. Popular choices include granite, quartz, and solid surface materials. These materials resist stains, scratches, and heat, ensuring your countertops remain in top condition
- Large Kitchen Island:
A large kitchen island provides additional prep space and can serve as a central gathering point for family and friends. Consider adding seating to make it a cozy spot for holiday conversations.
- Top-Notch Appliances:
Invest in high-quality appliances like ZLine, ILVE, FORTE that can handle the demands of holiday cooking. This may include a reliable stove, a spacious refrigerator, and a quality dishwasher with efficient cleaning capabilities.
- Deep Sink:
A deep sink with a pull-down faucet is practical for washing large pots and pans that often
come with holiday cooking. Consider a farmhouse sink for a stylish and functional touch.
- Warming Drawer:
A warming drawer can keep dishes at the right temperature while you prepare other items. This is especially useful when hosting holiday dinners with multiple courses.
8. Open Shelving or Glass Cabinets:
Consider incorporating open shelving or glass-front cabinets to showcase festive dishes,
glassware, and holiday decor. It adds a personalized touch to your modern style kitchen.
- Durable Backsplash:
If durability is a top priority for your kitchen backsplash, consider materials that are resistant to wear, moisture, and stains. You can choose Porcelain or Ceramic Tile, Laminate, Vinyl for resistance to stains and moisture. With a neutral and versatile backsplash, you can easily switch out accessories and decorations to celebrate different holidays throughout the year.
- Under-Cabinet Lighting: Under-cabinet lighting not only enhances visibility during food prep but also adds a cozy ambiance to the kitchen. Choose warm LED lights for a festive touch.
- Holiday-Themed Decor: Plan your kitchen renovation with holiday decor in mind. Consider spaces for hanging wreaths, stringing lights, or displaying seasonal kitchen towels and accessories.
- Smart Technology: Integrate smart technology into your kitchen, such as a smart thermostat for your oven or a voice-activated assistant for hands-free control. This adds convenience during the busy holiday season.
- Built-In Beverage Center: Create a designated area for beverages with a built-in wine cooler, coffee station, or a bar
area. This makes entertaining easier and more enjoyable.
- Multi-Functional Surfaces:
Design your countertops to be multi-functional. For example, incorporate a section of butcher block for chopping or a built-in cutting board that can be easily concealed when not in use.
- Holiday Color Palette:
Consider incorporating holiday colors into your kitchen design. Whether it’s through custom cabinetry, decor, or accent pieces, a touch of red, green, or metallics can enhance the festive atmosphere.
Remember to plan your kitchen renovation with InDesign Kitchen and Bath Remodeling well in
advance to ensure that it’s completed in time for the holiday season. Consult with InDesign’s
professional designers to bring your vision to life and create a kitchen that’s both functional and festive.
It is best to keep the main elements of your kitchen, such as kitchen cabinets and countertops,
in neutral tones to create a flexible backdrop for changing holiday decorations. Remember to
strike a balance between holiday decor and functionality to ensure that your kitchen remains
practical for daily use. Whether you prefer subtle touches or full-blown holiday extravagance,
these ideas can help you create a kitchen that reflects the spirit of the season.
InDesign provides careful planning, attention to detail, and collaboration with the help of our
skilled professionals. Whether you’re looking for a sleek, modern design or a more traditional
Southern-inspired space, we offer a range of resources to bring your dream kitchen vision to life.
Our kitchen and bath showroom is located in Johns Creek, Georgia, and we provide kitchen and
bath design and remodeling services for all surrounding areas (Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Atlanta,
Brookhaven, Buckhead, Cumming, Duluth, Dunwoody, East Cobb, Kennesaw, Marietta, Milton,
Norcross, Peachtree Corners, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Smyrna, Suwanee, Vinings and more!)
Our flagship showroom is located just 15 miles north of Atlanta, at the border of Alpharetta and Johns Creek.