Sleep apnea is when your breathing starts and stops while you sleep. The common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep apnea needs to be treated with sleep apnea in Houston because it can lead to various severe diseases.
Check if you have sleep apnea near me.
Signs and symptoms of sleep apnea happen when you sleep, Including:
- Stop and start breathing
- Gasp, snore, or choking noises
- Waking up too much
- Loud snoring
During the whole day, you may also:
- Feel very tired
- Find unable to concentrate
- Have mood swings
- Have a headache when you wake up
Moreover, it’s hard to tell you to have sleep apnea disorder. Ask your bed partner or someone who can notice you sleep so you can see sleep apnea symptoms.
Getting tested for sleep apnea
Suppose a sleep apnea specialist thinks you might have sleep apnea. In that case, they may refer you to a sleep doctor or specialist for further diagnosis and tests.
- You may be given devices at the clinic that can check things like your breathing and heartbeat.
- You’ll ask to wear these appliance overnight so doctors can check for signs of sleep apnea.
- You can also do this at home, but sometimes you must be at the clinic overnight for a sleep study.
The test can show your sleep apnea and how severe it is, which may be based on how often your breathing stops during sleep.
Treatments for sleep apnea
Sleep apnea can sometimes be treated by changing your lifestyle, like losing weight, exercising daily, quitting smoking, and reducing alcohol.
But many people recommended a device called a CPAP machine. That can help you open your airways while you sleep and enhance your sleep, leading to lesser sleep apnea symptoms.
A machine gently pushes air into a mask you wear on your mouth or nose while sleeping. It can help you in numerous ways, including:
- It can improve your breathing while you sleep by opening your narrow airways.
- It improves the quality of sleep and helps to feel less tired.
- Reduces the risk of problems like sleep apnea, such as blood pressure.
- Using a CPAP machine may feel uncomfortable at the start or awkward, but try to keep them using it. You should call a doctor if you have experienced this for a long.
sleep apnea new treatment
Other treatments for sleep apnea are:
- A gum shield-like device that keeps your airways open while you sleep
- Surgery to help your breathing, such as removing large tonsils
Do’s while you sleep
- It would be best if you tried to lose weight
- Exercise regularly can improve your signs and symptoms and help you keep a healthy weight
- Have good habits like making sure your bedroom is dark and quiet well while you go to bed and wake up at the same time
- Sleep on your side can help your airways to open and enhance your oxygen intake
If you’re suffering from sleep apnea, you should rely on treatment and change lifestyle habits like exercise, losing weight, and many more. Also, it would help if you considered visiting a dentist for sleep apnea oral appliance and diagnosis.
Article Source : https://www.worldofarticles.com/what-is-sleep-apnea/