Trailing United by nine points in pursuit of a first Premier League crown, Arsenal travelled to Old Trafford needing a victory to stay in the race, and secure some crucial momentum ahead of the title run-in.To get more football news, you can visit shine news official website.

First-choice goalkeeper David Seaman was ruled out of the encounter, meaning rookie Alex Manninger started between the sticks. However, right on cue, Manninger kept United at bay with some fine saves, and, down the other end, Marc Overmars broke clear of the United backline before slotting past Peter Schmeichel to win in for the visitors.

The euphoric scenes in the away end were warranted, as Arsenal overturned the deficit United held to garner that first Premier League title under Wenger.Same result, same outcome. This time, though, Arsenal actually clinched the title at Old Trafford, with Sylvain Wiltord's goal enough to pick up the three points, and give them a unassailable lead at the top of the table.

Arsenal in fact only needed a point, but were comfortably the better side. Wiltord's goal, fired past Fabien Barthez was enough for the Gunners. Celebrating at Old Trafford would have felt all the more sweet having been so convincingly beaten to the title by United the previous season.Arsenal had opened their 2003/04 Champions League campaign in less than spectacular style, falling to a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Hector Cuper's Inter, before a subsequent stalemate against Lokomotiv Moscow and a defeat to Dynamo Kiev left their qualification hopes hanging in the balance.

A slim victory over the latter reignited hopes, before Wenger's men travelled to the San Siro at the tail end of November. Goals from Thierry Henry and Freddie Ljungberg - either side of a Christian Vieri equaliser - set up a tense finale, but Henry's second and one apiece from Edu and Robert Pires within the final ten minutes shocked the Italians.Clinching the title at Old Trafford would take some topping, but Arsenal did just that by securing a third Premier League crown, en route to finishing the season unbeaten, at White Hart Lane, against the arch enemy.

The Invincibles were at their free-flowing best as they raced into a two-goal lead thanks to Patrick Vieira and Robert Pires, but Tottenham fought back, firstly through Jamie Redknapp and then Robbie Keane's late penalty.

Spurs threw everything at Arsenal in search of that equaliser, but it never materialised, as the travelling Gunners enjoyed celebrating in the faces of the White Hart Lane masses.United were determined to end Arsenal's remarkable 49-match unbeaten league run, and tempers were fraught from the off. Ruud van Nistelrooy was fortunate to avoid a red card for a nasty challenge he was retrospectively banned for, while Rio Ferdinand also got away with a robust tackle on Freddie Ljungberg.

Arsenal were then further infuriated when Wayne Rooney won a second-half penalty, appearing to go down rather easily.

Van Nistelrooy converted before Rooney made it two late on. Tempers boiled over in the tunnel after the match, with the famous "Battle of the Buffet" shocking all in attendance. Cesc Fabregas later admitted to throwing a slice of pizza at Sir Alex Ferguson. Not a wise move.